Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sheffield Wednesday Tuesday

I'd rotate the hell out of the squad.  Here's my suggestion:

                                          Ospina

Debuchy         Mertesacker           Gabriel           Gibbs

                          Flamini               Arteta

    Walcott                      Chamberlain                 Alexis

                                         Giroud



Okay, a bit top-heavy.  And I am really afraid of the two CDMs.  But this team ought to be enough to beat a good Championship side like Wednesday.  I'd sit Alexis out, but he probably would run out there anyway and get red-carded for being the twelfth man.  Besides, I don't know who I'd put there in his place.

I want to see Walcott and Giroud out there together, and I want the Ox steaming through the middle picking up the balls Giroud knocks down to him.  I think Gibbs and Alexis will be a terrifying combination coming up the left, and I really think Debuchy needs game time.

We'll play Swansea four days later, then Bayern, two games that are in my opinion more significant, so some freshening up will be a good thing.  The Liberty has not been all that friendly a place to go, and Bayern will want to cement first place in the group; those will be battles.

1 comment:

  1. I read on Arseblog that Ospina is injured, Macey isn't considered ready, and so Cech will play in Sheffield tomorrow. There's speculation that Chambers, Campbell, and maybe Bielek will feature! Could be interesting. This is not an opponent that our youth team can beat. They're top half of the Championship and are taking this competition seriously. I'd really like to see us win this stupid cup, but if we can't do it with lots of rotation, it may be better to bow out early.

    I realized we'll have three away games in a row, each harder than the last. A win at Swansea is a must, I feel. A point in Germany would be fantastic. I just want the young guys to give a good showing in Sheffield, and for no one to get hurt.

    ReplyDelete