Thursday, October 27, 2016

DC United 2 - 4 Montreal

Ridiculous.  Fortunately, I had to go and pick up my wife after the first 15 minutes, so I missed the rest of this miserable game.  Two garbage time goals do not begin to confer some respect on a team that did not seem to understand the concept of 'playoffs'.  Three minutes and a dumb corner is given up and not defended, and that, it seems, was that.  I will try not to read anything about the game, and am delighted I didn't attend in person.

I liked this team, and thought they might go far.  Wrong.  They let their fans down today.  Games like this can test any supporter's patience.


Arsenal plays Southampton at home in the next round (the quarters) of the League Cup.  It isn't scheduled yet.  I hope we go for it.  Liverpool and Man U are the other heavyweights left in the competition.  The two-legged semis are annoying, but it's silverware.

Next up in the league is a trip to the Stadium of Light.  There was a time when I thought David Moyes might be a candidate to replace Wenger.  That seems like a really dumb idea now.  The three-time manager of the year has bombed out at Man U and Real Sociedad and is not looking too brilliant at Sunderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment