Saturday, December 3, 2016

West Ham 1 - 5 Arsenal

[I didn't see any of the League Cup loss to Southampton and am going to pretend it never happened.]

I was doing administrative work for a local youth soccer tournament today and was able  to see just the last 12 minutes of this game.  Alexis fired in our third goal seconds after I turned on the TV, so I saw 2/3 of the scoring.  Payet (obviously intentionally) passed to Andy Carroll off the bar on a free kick to make it 3-1, and then Ox and Alexis iced the game with gorgeous goals (albeit Alexis was offside when the pass releasing him was made).  The earlier goals were quite nice as well, and from all accounts Arsenal might have had ten goals on the night had chances not gone begging and the West ham keeper been less sharp.  We got some bumps and bruises, but I don't think there were any injuries.  Yes, it was woeful West Ham, but we clicked today.

Chelsea dismantled City earlier, so pending Liverpool's game, we're in second place.  I told my Man U supporting neighbor at the beginning of the season that Conte was going to do well in the EPL, much better than Mourinho.  Kante is, I think, their only summer signing that's been impactful, so this is much the same crew that Mou got so little from before he was canned.  We have to stay close to Chelsea; they are not going to drop a lot of points.

No comments:

Post a Comment