Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Barcelona 0 - 0 Juventus (0-3 aggregate)

To my delight, Gigi Buffon kept a clean sheet (though he was not at his best today) and Juve eased through to the semifinals of the ECL.  They're a complete team, playing well individually and as a unit, and I don't see why they can't win the cup.  Watching them play, especially on defense, made me wonder why the Gunners can't seem to avoid diving in unnecessarily and getting passed or giving away dangerous free kicks.

I know it's not football, but the Wizards beat the Hawks to go 2-0 up in their first round playoff series.  That makes me happy too.

Is it Sunday we play City in the FA Cup semis?  They're the opponent I want now.  If we get by them, maybe by the final, the Chavs or the Spuds will drop off in form, or we'll find some good form.  Lucky 13!

No comments:

Post a Comment