Sunday, August 27, 2017

Liverpool 4 - 0 Arsenal

We looked like a team that thinks it can play with the EPL's elite but can't.  There was some huffing and puffing from the Gunners, but only a couple real chances.  The Reds carved us up repeatedly, and could have scored 4.  I don't see much hope for a turnaround.  Liverpool knows what it's doing out there, and we don't.  That's on Wenger, in my opinion.  Back at full time.

More of the same.  Arsenal showed more urgency for a few minutes, but no more organization, and finished without a shot on goal.  This was a total butt-whipping.  Liverpool played very well, we stank.  Only Cech can hold his head up, in my opinion.  Ramsey, Xhaka, Bellerin had nightmare games, but they didn't even stand out as especially awful for us.  Poor defensively, toothless on offense--it was Arsenal at its naive, impotent worst.

I could ask questions about team selection and tactics, but I don't have to, do I?  Awful.

We have to sell Alexis.  I wouldn't mind if we unloaded Ozil and AOC too.  We're a mid-table team until Wenger leaves, apparently.  This is us now, so Stan may as well make a profit this year and research how he can break the contract with AW.

No comments:

Post a Comment