Saturday, October 14, 2017

Watford 2 - 1 Arsenal

I don't want to hear about the soft penalty the Hornets were awarded.  Watford was the better team on the night and deserved to win.  It could have been worse; we were outplayed by a wide margin in the 2nd half.  There were at least two clear-cut chances when we did counter, but Ozil bottled one and Xhaka (and others) simply wouldn't shoot on another.  What was Ozil on for anyway?  He was exactly the wrong guy.  The midfield needed more steel. 

Well.  This seems to be who we are right now:  a stylish but vulnerable mid-table team with pretensions to excellence.  Why do I watch these torture sessions?  At least DC United doesn't tease me with delusions of adequacy.  They stink, so any wins are a pleasant surprise.  The USMNT is done ruining my international football experience for a while.  If you love something, let it go.  The Gunners can go free range for a while as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment