Saturday, November 3, 2018

Arsenal 1 - 1 Liverpool

Great game, wasn't it?  It could easily have been another 4-3 contest.  Considering the balance of chances and the disallowed goal, we were fortunate to get a point, but I would have been delighted with our performance even had we lost.  We went after them from the get-go and dealt with the counters very well.  We ramped up the pressure after going down and got the goal we deserved.

NBC had Laca as man of the match, but for my money Torreira was the key.  I was a bit disappointed with Mikhi, but overall I am not in a mood to complain about anybody.  I was afraid Kolasinac would be torched, but he had cover and I thought he did well.

Liverpool is a really solid team that can blow games open in a hurry.  This was a real test for us, and I think we passed it.  We need to kick on from here, winning against the likes of Crystal Palace and Bournemouth and taking points from other top six clubs from here on out.  My fear is that more defensive injuries could weaken us in the back.  The season thus far has been an endorsement of Emery's vision, strategy, and tactics that fans and players can plainly see.  Imagine how much brighter things would look had we beaten Chelsea, which we could have.


No comments:

Post a Comment