Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Man U 2 - 2 Arsenal: Two Points Dropped, Two Men Down

United was as lively as I've seen them this season, and it proved enough to deny us three points when we were the better team.  The goals were all pretty ugly, frankly, so I'm not going to write about them.  The most important result of this game is almost certainly the injuries to Holding (knee) and Ramsey (ankle) just as the "festive period" gets underway.  Both will be missed, but it's the center back's absence that is more problematic.  Again, I don't understand why Chambers was loaned out.  Monreal and Koscielny may be fit soon, and just in time.  I suppose there may be a youth prospect ready to fill in, but I'm not sure who it is.

Marouane Fellaini is a disgrace.  He came on late, and his contribution consisted of yanking Guendouzi's hair to bring him down, and elbowing Torreira (I think) in the head.  He should not have finished this game.  Disgusting.

Fortunately, our Europa League game is meaningless except as a way to integrate some young guys into the first squad to add needed depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment