Friday, September 4, 2020

Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal (4-5 PKs) -- Community Shield

 Once again, I did not watch this realtime.  Maybe the Shield is considered by some as a meaningless tune-up for the season, but Arsenal hasn't taken it that way and I don't either.  It's minor silverware but it's silverware.

Yes, this one could have gone either way in normal time, but we got the PKs and they were all excellent (even the miss was close and unstoppable had it been a foot lower).  I love how the young guys stepped up and buried their kicks.

I'm very hopeful that this season sees us climbing the table, and maybe we can win a cup or two as well.  Our transfer business is fine:  Sokratis out, Magalhaes in.  Torreira looks as though he will get a chance to start for Fiorentina, and we'll have Ceballos back for another year.  Don't ask me what the problem is with Auba.  Maybe he's insisting Stan rehire the staff he canned last month.  I really hope we keep Hector and AMN.  Who could we buy who'd help us more this season and in future seasons?  Lacazette deserves a chance to star somewhere; he's not going to be the main man in London anymore.  I honestly think Eddie or Martinelli would score as many goals in that position.  I do love Alexandre; he works hard and frequently outmuscles larger defenders.  But he's not scoring at center forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment