Thursday, September 9, 2021

Honduras 1 - 4 USA

 I had to get up early today, so I turned off the game last night after Honduras scored.  To that point, the US looked pretty bad.  I figured we'd lose by a couple goals and be in a hole in qualifying.  When I got up, I checked the score and was delighted to see that there was a comprehensive comeback and the US is back on schedule with 5 points from their first three games.  They'll need to improve to assure qualification, and I think they can.  It was a young squad Berhalter put out there--the youngest ever for a qualifier--and they should play better together as the octagonal proceeds.  The Canada and El Salvador games, and the first half of this last one, showed the USMNT at their ineffective worst all over the field.  We were lucky not to lose to Canada, actually.  The players at Berhalter's disposal should make the team a juggernaut when almost all of them are healthy.  Let's hope that happens. Here's a pirate video.

Extended highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment