Monday, December 5, 2022

Europe (plus ARG and BRA) Still Dominant

 Morocco has a chance to break the stranglehold tomorrow, but so far the Asian, CONCACAF, and African nations that made the round of 16 have all lost.  Seriously, those Japanese penalties were mostly awful.  The Croatian keeper was brilliant, but two of the PKs he saved were dreadful.  Too bad; the game itself was quite good.  I thought Croatia were the better team and although I wanted Japan to win I'm not complaining about the result.

Brazil crushed an overmatched Korean side.  I despise all the dancing, and I hope they trip up along the way.  If they do, they will not deal with it well.  Since the US is out and Italy didn't qualify, I'll be pulling for England.  I think they can take France.

1 comment:

  1. Morocco shut Spain down and advanced to the next round,. I hate PK shootouts, but they have to have a winner in a tournament. Portugal won easily even without their fading star, Ronaldo.

    ReplyDelete