Sunday, November 8, 2015

The NLD

Fair result, I thought.  Tottenham is pretty darned good now.  I was happy to see that Campbell and Debuchy weren't the defensive liability I feared (although Campbell should have pressured the ball on that pass that sprung Kane).  Their goal was way too easy.  I cringed when the replay showed Kos keeping Kane onside and then taking himself out of the play trying vainly to get the call.  That was most un-Kos-like.  Both teams missed golden opportunities for more goals than they got.  The game was wide open and a delight to watch (or would have been had I not been so wrapped up in the result).

Before the start, I told myself I expected a 1-1 result, with the goals coming from Kane and Giroud.  If I'd missed the game and you'd told me that Gibbs scored a goal for us, I'd have figured it was a laugher and Gibbs got a breakaway as a defensive replacement.  I was very happy for him.  He needed this.

I haven't seen the blogs yet, but my impression was that all the players on both sides gave a good account of themselves.  If we can play this well carrying all those injuries, we'll be OK this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment