Sunday, July 23, 2017

Preseason Rambling

Transfer season is annoying to me.  When these twentysomething millionaire players and the billionaire owners reach an agreement, they can announce it and then I'll start thinking about it.  I'd love it if Alexis and Ozil and AOC extended their contracts, but I don't control that.  I'll be rooting for the guys wearing the red and white shirts, whoever they are, when the games are played. Lacazette will be an asset for sure, and Kolasinac looks very good.

Remember the British Core?  It seems as though Gibbs, Wilshere, and Jenkinson are as good as gone.  Ox is a wantaway.  Walcott will be around only because no one else is coming in for him.  Ramsey is the only one who's still important to us.  And the newer Brit Calum Chambers could be sold too.  Newest Brit Rob Holding will be with us for some time, I hope.

The two Australian games were extended training sessions.  Bayern and Chelsea were a bit more serious.  I saw very little of these games, but what I saw was not impressive.  I take the Charity Shield seriously, and I hope the team does too; but it's EPL that will be the focus.  Wenger will probably throw his youngsters at Europa League competition and he won't be too sorry if they bow out early.  But I would really like us to win that thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment