Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Arsenal 2 - 2 Chelsea

Entertainingly frustrating.  I've been asking "What's wrong with Rob Holding?" when we needed a replacement at CB, and I guess I got my answer today.  He wasn't bad, and was better than Chambers, but Kos and Nacho are greatly missed.

Sorry, but if Hazard gets a PK for flopping after getting kicked on the foot (and I don't necessarily disagree with that decision), why didn't Maitland-Niles get one for being tripped?  I do wish Wenger would stop whinging about the calls.  I don't see how it helps, and he's paid to do and say things that help the club.

Fair result, but we have to start winning games if we have any hope of a top four finish.  I'm not seeing it now.  This is still an exciting team to support and watch, even if we're not quite Champions' League material.

I have no expectations for a transfer window coup.  I just hope we get resolution on Jack, Ozil, and Sanchez.  Just like last season (with Wenger), indecision is killing us.

On current form, I expect Chelsea to take the semifinal of the League Cup.  but you never know.  If I had my way, we'd focus on Europa League as the best way to get into the CL (not that I expect much from us in that competition next season), and take the FA Cup seriously too.  I think we'll pick up enough points off the teams lower in the table to keep 6th place, but lose enough to prevent us climbing any higher.  But maybe we'll find the form that's eluded us for most of this season, or a couple of the other big clubs will fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment