Sunday, January 7, 2018

Nottingham Forest 4 - 2 Arsenal

Complain all you like about several decisions that didn't go our way; Forest deserved this win.  Team selection sealed our doom in this match.  I'm not going to bother running through the lineup and pointing out the obvious errors.  Wenger thought this crew would be enough to see off a troubled Championship side that has been in poor form, but he was very wrong.  We were outplayed.

I will opine that we should have expected more from Walcott, Welbeck, and Iwobi.  I was bitterly disappointed in Holding, who was pretty bad all game.  I see now why Wenger isn't playing him.  What does Nketiah have to do to get a start?

Well, this is one more contest we've bowed out of.  The league is out of sight, and I'm sure Chelsea will end our Carabao Cup run--and if our current form is any indication, decisively.  I'd say we should be concentrating on Europa League, but I don't think we're playing well enough to win that either.

Stan Kroenke was on hand as his Los Angeles Rams were eliminated by the Atlanta Falcons yesterday in LA.  How proud he must be.

No comments:

Post a Comment