Sunday, March 4, 2018

BHA 2 - 1 Arsenal

They got me again.  Seriously, I must be industrial grade stupid.  I figured we'd start playing with heart and skill and be organized.  What a moron.  The game was lost early when our typical lack of anything approaching defensive awareness presented a very energized Brighton with enough opportunities to score four goals.  They got two, and as it turns out that was plenty. 

The announcers tried to keep our interest up, but in truth it was an ugly game in which Arsenal did pretty much everything stupid and careless they could think of to make a bottom half team look like a world beater.  I don't see any reason to keep Wenger around a day longer; do you?  The players don't believe in him, the system, or each other.  As professionals, this is deeply embarrassing to them, but none of them is being provided with the preparation and instruction that every other professional team in the fricking planet gets.

What point is there to playing in Europe at all?  Stan seems to want to ruin the club.  Maybe someone should tell him that while tanking in the US means you get better draft choices, tanking in the rest of the world means that eventually you get relegated. 

Tell me you didn't want Giroud out there in the second half.  I sure did.  I know fuck all about football.  I coached rec league girls for a decade and never played organized outdoor.  But I could set up the Gunners better than Wenger at this point.  I'm not kidding.

The board has to fire Arsene.  He's been given several years more than any other club would give any other manager.  Fire him NOW.  Take Bould with you, Arsene.  Bring in any available solid manager as caretaker and then find someone who can get more out of a very talented bunch of players, and who can target the GK, backs, and other positions we need improvement in.  But I think that this team could have been in the top four mix with a good manager this season.  We sure don't have one now.  Rehiring him was epically stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment