Monday, May 9, 2022

A proposal for you, Char

Char, here's a deal for you. I will pay for tickets to you and I and your wife and my son to the next Crystal Palace – Arsenal game at Selhurst Park, but not your hotels, food, airplane tickets, etectera, We will stay at a nice place I know of in London, good and moderately priced, at Queen's Gate Hotel, in the Kensington area. Gloucester train station is nearby. I will get us good, but not the most expensive tickets, and make certain that you have access to them, once purchased, with or without me. If, of course, I can talk my son into it and your wife is agreeable, and the timing is not impossible. That hotel is near Imperial College, which has a nice museum. It will take some coordination, but I am willing to look into it. I am not going over $500 for seats. A fairly good seat should be no more than $250. Once seated, the Brits don't even leave the game to pee.

If your lads disgrace my boys, and you run afoul of my fans, and they get ugly, you are on your own, but we are not nearly as brutal as the Liverpool crowd. I'm an old man, and a few hundreds of wasted dollars are no big deal for me. If it would be fun for you. If I should not up and die, you could work it out with Randy. Money, at that level,  is of little concern at my age (80).  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_College_London



2 comments:

  1. If $500+ are the cheapest seats I can get us, I will pay up. I don't anticipate that as an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sweet of you, but I don't foresee our going back any time soon. Our daughter is going to have a son later this month and our travel will be to her place in North Carolina (Wake Forest) for a while. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete